I've Got A Record Player!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

I've been wanting to get a record player since last year and this year it was my goal to get one (if you want to see my goals click HERE) and guess what? I finally got one for my birthday! Even though it wasn't like a long goals list, it feels so good to cross off something off of it. 

The brand of this turntable is La Musica. I've never heard of it before but it doesn't really matter. It looks very much like the Crosley ones and since it would cost pretty much the same but I decided I would just buy this one that just happened to be at a market that we always go to. It was on sale (still not very cheap though) and I really loved the vintage world map design so it was a winner for me. It's a 33/45/78 RPM selectable turntable (the 45 RPM adaptor is included too!) and it has an auto/manual stop. The sound coming from the built in speakers is alright, it's not the best but if I can finally listen to my records then I'm definitely okay with it. I could also plug in external speakers but I haven't had the need for them yet. Also, the turntable can be charged so it doesn't always have to be plugged in and that means you can listen to your records anywhere and anytime you want to! AWESOME!

P.S. Now I'm probably going to start a record collection, I have a whole bunch already lol. Do you guys have record players? or record collections? Tell me, tell me!

11 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love the design of it. I remember my parents record player when I was a kid was this massive chunky this almost the size of me as a child so very different to your lovely one, wish they had had yours instead! I think my dad still has a pretty extensive record collection, I think they're so much cooler than CD's or iPods.

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had quite a few records when I was younger like 16 or so. The records were nothing special or valuable. So after moving away from home I kind of forgot about them. I need to ask my mum if she kept them. But to be honest I can't do anything with it.

    Kati from black.white.vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a lovely player! The map design is really special I think. Record collecting is a bit of a passion of mine, it really is so much fun to find a record you've been searching high and low for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO INSANELY JEALOUS!
    I have had the sudden urge to get a record player for the past few months as well, seriously, it's a problem... Pricey though...
    Love this one so much, the design is amazing. I'm sure you'll spend plenty of lovely hours with it, enjoy the music! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so beautiful! I adore my records, they're all I listen to now!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get a record player one day. Yours is particularly beautiful, I love the design x

    www.scarlettsstylediaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool! I just adore how it comes in that amazing suitcase! You definitely need to start a record collection now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh it's a beauty!! I have my eye on the light blue crosley <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an amazing find, Elif! I love vintage record players and records :) It's such a nice memory and there's such a great story behind them!
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ GIVEAWAY ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Creme de la Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute portable record player! i have a pretty decent record collection but my record player stays put and has a separate amp and speakers, but it would be fun to have a player with everything built in that you could move around wherever you need it.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah this is lush! Where can I get one like this?! It's so pretty! I do own a rather vast collection of records but the record player itself doesn't work for many years... It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete