Books I've Been Reading (Goal Recap)

Saturday, December 13, 2014


Hey guys! It's crazy to think that the new year is approaching and looking back I think I've had a pretty good year. Thinking about the year made me think about the goals I had set for myself. Reading 15 books was one of them and I had failed it the year before by 1 book and this year I'm pretty sure I'll fail it again. I think the reason behind is that I've never figured out what kind of books I like to read. Do I like fanstasy, crime, romance etc.? I really didn't know but I think I have it slightly figured out now. I think I could read more books if I enjoyed every single one. Sometimes, I would just start reading a book and just read only for the purpose of finishing it. And that is a waste of time for sure! Gotta learn to let go.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest by Steig Larsson: You can't start a trilogy and not read it all and when it comes to the Millenium series you won't regret it. The book is almost 800 pages with lots of detail that might get boring at times. I think throughout the whole book I was mostly excited towards the end. It was something I was waiting for to happen throughout the entire series and I'm satisfied. I just wish there was more of Mikael and Lisbeth together in this one but that didn't happen. 

Adı: Aylin by Ayşe Kulin: This one is written in Turkish. It was translated into English as well and I'm currently in the process of contrasting both of them for an assignment. The book is based on the life of Aylin Radomisli Cates who was the cousin of the author who wrote the book. This book is an amazing journey into Aylin's life, she led an extraordinary one for sure.

The Abundance of Katherines by John Green: After TFIOS I went ahead and bought other books from John Green. The book was not that long so I was able to read it in a short time. It's is about a boy named Colin who has only dated girls with the name Katherine and is constantly trying to find the one Katherine that he'll forever be together with. He also works on a formula and is waiting for his eureka moment because he is a genius/prodigy. The book is fun to read but something is missing and I can't put my finger on it. 

Legend by Marie Lu: I've been looking for this book for a while and I really like it. This dystopian trend is going strong these days in the movie world. Of course they are book adaptations and I could've easily read them but I've always found myself watching the movie first. But this time I've done it. If this book gets made into a movie I'll proudly be saying that I read it first! Anyways, I really like this story but I just wish that the main characters were not so young (15). It also involves a lot of the dystopian clichés but I don't mind that because the characters and the story are pretty unique. 

So what have you guys been reading? 
Elif x

4 comments:

  1. I lovee the whole Steig Larsson series!!! I was so sad when the books ended though. I think when I go home, I'm going to read them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been ages since I've read the Millenium Trilogy, I think I might have to give it another read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love John Green but I haven't read the book you show yet. I definitely must try! <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I shall have to try these!

    ReplyDelete